"No, I will not abandon you as orphans—I will come to you."
John 14:18

About Me

My photo
Terrance is in the United States Army. Mandy is a stay-at-home mom. Together we have a 4 year old son, Lucas. This blog is about our adoption journey.
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Whole Story...

I suppose a blog post is very much in order today.  If you follow Terrance or I on facebook then you already know that we brought our sweet baby boy home today. What everyone is wondering is "how?"!!! Believe me, we are still in shock! Let me start from the beginning.

On Thursday (April 27) I recieved an email from the social worker who completed our home study. A local young woman had contacted her about giving her baby up for adoption. She was due to have her baby on May 21st. Our social worker, Joanne, wanted to know if we would possibly be interested in this situation. We prayed about it and then replied yes. We knew it would be a very different process than what we were expecting as it would be completely outside of our agency.

On Friday morning (April 28) I randomly checked my email as I was getting Lucas and myself ready to go to MOPS. I was shocked to find another email from Joanne. She was letting me know that the birth mother had gone into labor early that morning and had given birth to a healthy baby boy. She also wanted to know if we were still interested. I called Terrance at work and after we both got over the initial shock we agreed that, yes, we were beyond interested. We felt that this was a gift from the Lord! I called Joanne to talk about the details. She filled me in on the details quickly. I found out that he was 6 lbs, 11 oz, 19 1/2 inches long, and totally healthy. She also told me that the birth mother was meeting with a family that morning but that she very much wanted to meet with us as well. We set up a time to go out there with Joanne that evening.

That evening we went up to the hospital with Joanne and met the birth mother and this sweet baby boy. The moment we laid eyes on him Terrance and I were gonners. As we were sitting and visiting with the birth mom (and getting some cuddles in with baby boy), she decided that she wanted us to be his adoptive parents. We were thrilled and so amazed. She did ask that she have all day Saturday while they were still in the hospital to have with baby boy to have some closure and say her goodbyes.

Saturday (April 28)  was pure torture. We waited and prayed and waited and prayed. We knew that this day was critical. The birth mom could change her mind at any time and we weren't sure if we should prepare for the arrival of this sweet baby or not. We truly prayed that the Lord's will be done in this sweet baby's life. We prayed that he go wherever he was meant to go. Whether that be with us or his biological mother. Terrance, Lucas and I tried to keep ourselves distracted but it was so hard! Thankfully we had amazing friends and family who were praying us up and encouraging us constantly. It was such a help to get through the longest day!

This morning (April 29) we got a call at 7:30 am from the birth mom. She was going to be released from the hospital in about an hour and a half and was ready for us to come get baby boy. I don't think I have ever been more excited to get a phone call! I won't lie, Lucas and I may have done a little dance! Lucas went over to a friends house and Terrance and I headed for the hospital. We got there and had to wait for little man to be discharged, but when the time came his birth mom was so incredibly strong. I am still amazed at how lovingly she said her goodbyes. I thanked her from the bottom of my heart and we both held back tears.

I still can't belive that we have sweet baby boy Grayson in our arms here at home. Four days ago the idea that I would be bring a baby home today would have seem absolutely insane to me!  I know that our road isn't over though. His momma could still change her mind. Terrance and I are continually praying for God's will and grace over this situation. Since all of this happened over the weekend we were unable to do a lot legally. We and the birth mom will have to go to court this week for her to offically sign over her rights. After that she will have 10 days to change her mind. While we love Grayson with everything we have already we know that his sweet little life may not be meant to be with us. I hope and pray with all my heart that he is meant to stay with us until he is grown, but I know that there is One much wiser than I who knows from beginning to end what Grayson's story is.

Thank you for all of your love and support. We have been touched by so many people through this journey. Your prayers have meant so much to us, and we covet them even more now. Please pray for our family, baby Grayson, and his sweet birth mom.

With Love,
Mandy (and Terrance and Lucas too!)






8 comments:

  1. What an amazing story! We are so thrilled for y'all and will be praying for peace and God's perfect plan over the next several critical days! Can't wait to meet sweet Grayson!
    Love y'all!
    Casie and Nick Sachse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just incredible, Mandy! I love a perfect God story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing blessing! We are so happy to see that baby Grayson is with your family. We will pray for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. Thank you so much for sharing. I am in awe of your faith in the Lord's plan, whether it be an "easy" road for you or not. You are so inspiring my dear friend, and I love you with all of my heart. I hope to meet Grayson someday soon, and I will be praying for you throughout the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally cried twice Mandy. I love you so much and am so happy for your family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. May God bless you and your family! So great to see how God works and keeps relying on Him! Big hug from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Avery's, I'm overwhelmed with emotions reading your story. I know this was something God laid on your hearts a while back and your trust in His will has been such a testimony of faith. Thank you for bearing your heart on this blog...you have been a huge encouragement to me as I see your faithfulness. I'm praying over these next 10 days that everything works out to glorify Him! I'm so extremely happy for y'all!! Grayson is ADORABLE!!!!! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What do all of these toxins consistently, a how to cleanse your
    colon system that you need to undergo. The backlash against carbohydrates is a
    result of constipation. Most folks use the three day how to
    cleanse your colon diet. It also promotes cleansing by increasing the bodiestemperature
    to require perspiration. If you wish to try any how to cleanse your coloning method
    or plan, especially if you have trouble focusing.
    Your body needs to stay in your body. Exercise with any diet is beneficial as
    it helps in weight loss.

    my homepage :: homepage

    ReplyDelete